Friday, September 11, 2009

Introducing: Jenny Cash Town of Beaumont FCSS Liaison




My name is Jenny Kash and I am the new Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Community Liaison for the Town of Beaumont. I can be reached by phone at (780) 929-9271 Monday thru Friday or at the FCSS office.

I am excited about working in the Beaumont Community and would like to give everyone a bit of information about my background and what I am bringing to your community. Most recently I spent the summer with Leduc Child & Family Services, which provided me a great opportunity to learn about the resources available in Leduc and the surrounding counties. Prior to this summer, I spent the past three years working for Legal Aid Alberta in a support and advocacy role to the families they serviced. A major part of my role was to provide information and referrals to families for community services, ranging from parenting and anger management programs, to addictions and mental health services, to financial supports and benefits. I also spent time working with clients experiencing family violence and the programs and services available in this area.

As the FCSS Community Liaison I will be working on a number of projects and I am excited to say that these projects will help me get to know more about Beaumont and how I can contribute to the community. One of the areas that I will be focusing a lot of time on is the Developmental Asset Approach and bringing more awareness of the 40 Developmental Assets identified by the Search Institute to the Beaumont Community. You may have already been to a workshop FCSS put on earlier in the year or you may have read about this approach on this blog. Watch for more information coming soon about how the Developmental Asset Approach is being implemented in Beaumont and how all community members are able to make a positive impact on our youth with the Developmental Assets Approach. Another area that I am working on with the help of many, is organizing the Parent Workshop Series. If you have any suggestions or interest in a specific topic that you would like to see a workshop organized for, please call or email me. Watch for more information about the topics and presenters that will be offered starting October 21, 2009 at the Beaumont Community Youth Centre.
For more information on any of the above, or for any questions, please call me at (780) 929-9271 or email me at jenny.kash@town.beaumont.ab.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment